We'll say no, and we'll do it together

Sunday, April 10, 2011

Be your own motivator.

We all have times where we just can't get up and moving for whatever reason.  It may be family, a guy, a fight with a friend or even worse, being upset with ourselves for how we look, our inability to reach a goal we were determined to make, a binge, or many other reasons.  If anyone knows about this, it's me.  I spent the last week or two yo-yoing back and forth between fasting, binging, crying, overeating, restricting, compulsivley exercising, skipping the gym for days, etcetcetc.  I was absolutely convinced this was going to continue to repeat itself without me having any control over it.. WRONG.

It's escpecially times like these that it is imperative you regain selfcontrol and get yourself back into the swing of things.  Yesterday I told myself I was going to the gym, and not leaving until I was in a better mood, and I did just that. Did it take about 3 hours maybe a little longer? yes, but i didn't leave and I didn't let my annoyed emotions get the best of me and today I feel great! I'm a little sore -- which I love to be, call me a weirdo but it reminds me that I'm going in the direction.

I woke up this morning sort of annoyed.  I had a horrible sleep, my drunk roommate was coughing ALL NIGHT LONG and like really loud and hard.  I was so worried everytime she coughed that it was going to make her throw up cause she was so drunk.  I have this awful but I guess sensative tendency to be sort of motherly to friends that I really care about.  I guess it is a good quality but it can be a full time job since I usually make other people's problems my own.  Anywayyyy! Yeah I wokeup like every two hours ish which just sucked cause I wanted to get a really good rest and wake up earlier today than usual.  Neither of these things happened which pissed me off a little thing morning but I took a deep breath and just smiled.  I smiled about nothing but me smiling instantly made me notice the good things about the day.  The window was open, which I usually leave open cause I like to be cold when I sleep, but it's warm out!  The air smelled like Florida which instantly made me happy.  I pulled back the blinds and saw how sunny it was , which brought another instant sense of happiness.

Being truly happy now, despite the annoying night I had, I jumped out of bed and went to go wash up and get my day started.  Washing up (brushing my teeth, and washing my hands and face) is the first thing I do when I wakeup every single morning.  It jump starts my day and makes me feel clean and awake.  Then I came on the computer to check my email, and blog -- reading your posts and commenting in hopes to help each of you find a positive aspect of your day even if you feel like it was a huge failure always makes me feel better.  I've spent a little more time on here than I wanted to but oh well! Thinspiration takes time and thought doesn't it!

This is getting long and I'm sure no one is going to seriously read this entire post, but that's okay.  To those of you who do, I genuinely appreciate it and I hope you find clarity, motivation, or atleast some kind of positive feeling from reading these.  I know that your posts and comments truly help me on days that I feel down and out and I can only hope that I do the same for you.  After all my rambling I guess I'll get to the main purpose of this post.  The title is self explanatory.  BE YOUR OWN MOTIVATOR.  Of course we have eachother's comments and posts to get us feeling good again, but you can't go through life depending on other people.  You need to prove to yourself that it is in your power to turn a bad day/rough night/difficult morning around.  You can do this, I can do this, We can do this. We WILL do this.


xo skinny.thin.happy.beautiful.

9 comments:

  1. yayy that was great motivation. kudos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so motivational! can't wait to start following you! xo A

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oddly enough I came up to my room planning on having a breakdown because I haven't had a good cry in awhile (I feel like sometimes they are necessary). I read your post top to bottom, and I don't really feel the need to cry anymore. Not tonight anyway. Thanks love
    -G

    ReplyDelete
  4. THIS MADE MY DAY!!

    I was feelign down, until I saw your post and your comment - your seriuolsy a blessing to this blogging realm!

    xx

    HB

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think it's amazing that you turned it around!
    My sleep last night was disturbed by a friend snoring terribly, and then pushing me out of the bed. She then wouldn't wake up, so I slept on the floor! Ha.
    I read the entire post and, although it's the evening here now, you've made me feel all sunny inside. :)
    <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. I read the entire post. I feel a lot better now, and also motivated. If you can turn your day around then so can I. <3 xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. your so amazing btw :) 3 hours at the gym....your a legend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't think you'd have the energy to do a minimum two hour workout each day whilst on the cleanse. I guess if you drank more of the lemonades then you might, but I drink under the amount you're supposed to because I don't want too many calories from the maple syrup. Maybe you should try it? It might help you to start restricting better afterwards, and cut down on the exercise. :)
    <3

    ReplyDelete